Going back a couple of years, a local would surely remember the annually held “Għanja tal-Poplu” festival which was a showcase of local talent within the Maltese language as previewed in the Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza. Things have always been changing within this showcase yet it might be regaining some of it’s composure following some more changes within it’s regulations. This evening will mark the 2010 edition of the event which will surely be an entertaining one.
This years’ Għanja tal-Poplu will be taking place within the Grand Ballroom of the Hotel Phoenicia and it will be broadcasted live on ONE Television through the programme “Bla Agenda” which is normally fronted by former Maltasong Board Chairman, Norman Hamilton who is also a consultant for the current team in charge of the Malta Eurovision Song Contest. The showcase will be presenting fourteen entries, all of which were chosen by an undisclosed three member panel of judges. Find the running order of this evening’s show which is set to be presented by Deo Grech after Vanni Pule pulled out at the last minute for personal reasons. Walter Micallef will surely be a great interval act for those present in the hall and the viewers watching the show live on ONE TV.
- Sur Wara Sur (Antonio Olivari / Stephen Ferrito) – Tale Kwali
- Fejn Int? (Mark Agius) – D-Seven
- Mill-Għajnejn tat-Tifla (Corazon) – Corazon u l-Ħbieb tal-Qalb
- Il-Palma (Natasha Turner / Augusto Cardinali) – Marie Claire Attard Bason
- L-Għanja tal-Għażżien (Danjeli & Justin Galea) – Danjeli & Justin Galea
- Rimors? (Vince Zammit / Charlie Dalli) – Lyndsey u Angodika
- Tifkiriet (Teddie Zammit) – Teddie Zammit
- Hemm Dawl (Frank O’Neill) – Frank O’Neill, Christabelle Curmi & The Miners
- Lil Missirijietna (Robert Farrugia / Plato’s Dream Machine) – Plato’s Dream Machine
- Qabżitli c-Cinga (Charlie Dalli) – X-Tend
- Rakkont ta’ Omm (Deo Grech / Heathcliffe Balzan) – Petra Zammit
- Bażar (Antonio Olivari) – Justin u Antonio
- Kamra Bla Hitan (Dario Bezzina) – Dario Bezzina
- Indunajt (Rita Pace) – Rita Pace u L-Ħbieb tal-Ħbieb
We have come to learn that during rehearsals, the sound might not have been as optimal as it should be for a festival of such a calibre but these technicalities are actually being fixed upon as we speak. The Team at ESCflashmalta would like to wish the Organisers as well as all of the competitors the very best of luck this evening and hope that the best songs get the top prizes in this years’ competition.
Source: Għanja tal-Poplu