The Icelandic broadcaster RUV has today revealed the songs to be performed in the 3rd semi final of Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins. There is particular Maltese interest in this semi final, as the veteran songwriter Gerard James Borg is the lyricist of the English version of the song performed by Magni Ég trúi á betra líf. Should he win, this has a very good chance to be the version performed in Dusseldorf.
Also the song of Sigurjón Brink has been published. He unfortunately lost his life just a couple of days before the second semi-final. Many singers are said to be quite sad and are in still in mourning. You can see the full list of entries below and follow the link to listen to the full songs.
1. Georg Alexander – Morgunsól (Jóhannes Kára Kristinsson)
2. Magni – Ég trúi á betra líf (Hallgrím Óskarsson)
3. Jógvan – Ég lofa (Vigni Snæ Vigfússon, Jógvan Hansen)
4. Buff – Sáluhjálp (Pétur Örn Guðmundsson)
5. Sigurjón’s friends – Aftur heim (the late Sjonni Brink) – (Sigurjón Brink)
You can listen to the Icelandic songs here: http://vefir.ruv.is/songvakeppnin/
Also today, on the other end of the Scandinavian border within the confines of Norway, the national broadcaster NRK has published snippets of the songs competing in the third and final semi final of this years’ edition of the Melodi Grand Prix. Yet again you can see the full list of competing entries below whilst following the link to listen to the snippets.
1. Susperia – Nothing remains
2. Noora Noor – Gone with the wind
3. Girl Happy – SOS
4. Grethe Svensen – Like dreamers do
5. The BlackSheeps – Dance tonight
6. Stella Mwangi – Haba haba
7. The lucky bullets – Fire below
Listen to the snippets here: http://www.nrk.no/programmer/tv/melodi_grand_prix/1.7460529
Source: NRK, RUV