On the 3rd February, the organising committee of L-Għanja tal-Poplu released the song titles and the names of the songwriters of each of the sixteen (16) qualifiers. It was also announced that seventy-one (71) submissions were received, the highest since its return to the local music scene a couple of years ago, denoting that the changes made to the competition have been appreciated by artists, songwriters and producers alike. In the coming days, escflashmalta.com will be publishing a series of interviews with each of the artists confirmed as participants in this years’ edition of L-Għanja tal-Poplu, dealing with the social theme, and also past experiences in the music industry.
On Wednesday evening, the organising committee of L-Għanja tal-Poplu unveiled the running order for this years’ edition having just finished a series of promotional shoots, one for the postcards which will accompany each entry as well as the photographs which will be used for press releases in leading local tabloids. At this point in time, we have no clue with regards to the quality of the songs, but nevertheless, the professional jury had an extremely difficult time to decide which sixteen (16) deserved to get through. escflashmalta.com has permission to air a 30 second snippet from each song, these accompanying the questions and answers to be publishing in the coming days.
01. Mara – Marie Claire Attard Bason (Emil Calleja Bayliss, Andrew Zammit)
02. Il-Quċċata – 7 Spadi (Rita Pace, Jeffrey Scicluna)
03. Numri – Estelle Fenech Imbroll (Paul Attard, Mark Scicluna)
04. Rutina – Tmien Ħabbiet (Jonathan Laferla, Charlie Bonnici)
05. Kif Xrobbtuli l-Menti – Frank O’Neill, Christabelle Curmi u l-Likes (Frank O’Neill)
06. Il-Karba tal-Mument – Christian Arding (Kevin Tanti, Chan Vella)
07. Fejn Huma? – Daniel Borg (George Cassar, Daniel Borg)
08. Jien Ma Naħdimx – Karen DeBattista (Rita Pace, Mark Scicluna)
09. Immigrant Regolari – Teddie Zammit (Rita Pace, Teddie Zammit)
10. Pupa – Denise Spiteri (Mark Laurence Zammit)
11. Il-Bamboċċu, Il-Bambinu u l-Budaj – Frans Casha (Frans Casha)
12. Wara l-Kanċell – Miriam Christine u Olivia Lewis (J J Farrugia, Miriam Christine)
13. Bħal Għasfura – Mario Debono (Mario Debono)
14. Djarju ta’ Tifkiriet – Simone Gauci (Emil Calleja Bayliss, Mark Spiteri Lucas)
15. Liberat – Teddie Zammit (George Cassar, Teddie Zammit)
16. Insellmulkom – Domenique (Joe Chircop, Philip Vella)
The 38th edition of L-Għanja tal-Poplu is being organised with the help of the Malta Arts Fund and in collaboration with Studio 7. Authors, composers, singers and musical groups wishing to participation can find all the required information through the Official Website, or the Official Facebook Page. The renowned local competition which has been given a true facelift in recent years is also being given a brand new visual identity in 2014 with emerging artist Darren Tanti responsible for a new logo, one which encompasses the idea of live music and singing, elements of L-Għanja tal-Poplu. Stay tuned to escflashmalta.com for the latest news.
Source: Għanja tal-Poplu (Facebook)