KKI 2014: Recap of All Entries Published Online


On Thursday 10th July, the organising committee of the Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza in conjunction with Media.Link Communications took to viral website YouTube and published the clips accompanying the entries competing in this year’s edition of the local competition. With 30 entries vying for 20 slots in the final in the “Talent Stabbilit” and 7 entries vying for 3 slots in the final in the “Talent Ġdid” the competition is tough and you, the public at home have a total of 40% with the other 60% allocated to a panel of professional judges.

This year, the Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza is under a major spotlight, noting that Malta is celebrating 50 years of Independence, hence giving the spectacle more of a spark. It will be just one event in a series of festivities held at the Granaries in Floriana. The programme accompanying the local music festival is being broadcast through NET Television every Thursday night with Marbeck Spiteri being the hostess. During the course of the programme, the organising committee has made it a point for the viewers to get to know the artists, and the songwriters of each entry.

Batch 1

Mixja li Bdiet – Michela Galea (Renato Briffa / Alfred Baldacchino)

Nemmen fil-Futur – Mattei Curmi (Philip Vella / Cher Vella)

Pass Wara Pass – Minik (Minik / Mario Farrugia) 

Daqs Xulxin – Charlene Cardona (Minik / Joe Chircop)

Naħfirlek – Franz Bezzina (Augusto Cardinali)



Batch 2

 Ġabuna Indipendenti – Marilena Gauci (Philip Vella / Joe Chircop)

Ma Tintefiex – Neville Refalo (Mark Spiteri Lucas / Joe Chircop)

F’Dinja Aħjar – Joseph (Minik / Stephen Baldacchino)

Kuntenta Kif Jien – Ann Marie Ellul (Rita Pace)

Ngħidulek Grazzi – Christian Azzopardi (Minik / Stephen Baldacchino)



Batch 3 

Int – Laura Bruno (Frederick Camilleri)

Hemm Int – Valentina Farrugia (Roger Tirazona / Joe Julian Farrugia)

Kastelli Fl-Arja – Gloriana Arpa Belli (Minik / Keith Zammit)

Mara – Domenique (Philip Vella / Paul Ellul)

Ġrajjiet – Michela Dalli (Minik / Stephen Baldacchino)



Batch 4

Vagabond – Josef Tabone (Clinton Paul)

Ħamsin Sena Nazzjon – Kaya & Nicole Brincat (Mark Spiteri Lucas / Paul Ellul)

Ħolma ta’ Nazzjon – Cherylis Camilleri (Mark Debono / Rita Pace)

Biċċa Minni – Geordie DeBono (Renato Briffa / Mark Amaira)

Miraklu – Ashlee Amber (Gillian Attard / Rita Pace)



Batch 5 

Fuq Dil-Blata – Roseann Cordina (Minik / Paul Ellul)

Aħjar – Simone Gauci (Mark Spiteri Lucas / Rita Pace)

Ensemble – Johanna Galea (Minik / Stephen Baldacchino)

Passaġġ – Kurt Galea (Clinton Paul)

Tħobbni Kif Jien – Phylisienne Brincat (Philip Vella / Christopher Azzopardi)



Batch 6

Destin – Danica Muscat (Philip Vella)

Din il-Qalb – Francesca Borg (Minik / Mario Farrugia)

Tfajla – Donna (Ray Agius / Paul Ellul)

Stmerrejtek Ħabbejtek – Marie Claire (Mark Scicluna / Emil Calleja Bayliss)

Ibqa’ Ħdejja – Ina Robinich (Minik / Deo Grech)



Batch 7

Kieku Taf – Sebastian Carl Calleja (Minik / Emil Calleja Bayliss)

Ritmu Ħaj – Maria Brincat (Andrew Zammit / Keith Zammit)

Inservi – Kurt Cassar (Elton Zarb / Gillian Attard / Emil Calleja Bayliss)

Ħitan – Sarah DeBattista (Mark Scicluna / Rita Pace)

Realtà – Kelly Cassar (Philip Vella / Cher Vella)

Nisġa – Josepha Cumbo (Minik / Emil Calleja Bayliss)

Int u Jien – Maria Cassar (Minik / Rita Pace)


Also, a quick reminder that the submissions for the Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza Junior will be received at Media.Link Communications between Thursday 17th July and Friday 18th July. For more details about the rules and regulations, please visit MaltaRightNow. We urge you to stay tuned to escflashmalta.com through Facebook and Twitter for all the latest news as soon as it becomes available.

Source: Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here