On the 21st and 22nd November, the Public Broadcasting Services will be hosting the 2014-2015 edition of the Malta Eurovision Song Contest within the Marsa Shipbuilding, host venue of this year’s edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. 20 acts will have the opportunity to perform on an incredible stage, one which has been specifically designed and create for the international competition. Earlier this afternoon, the running order of the semi-final was made public.
With the Public Broadcasting Services having already drawn Lyndsay in slot number #1 and Ekklesia Sisters in slot number #2, during the initial meeting held earlier this month, it was down to the producers to select the rest of the running order, hoping to create a mixture of genres, aiming to keep the public entertained. A quick glance at the list, one would realise that wherever the genre is seemingly similar, they are grouped in a specific manner.
1. “Home” – Lyndsay (Boris Cezek)
2. “Could Have Been Me” – Iona Dalli (Philip Vella)
3. “Still Here” – Franklin (Alexander Rybak)
4. “Rush” – Christabelle (Elton Zarb / Matt Mercieca)
5. “Fandango” – Jessika (Philip Vella / Gerard James Borg)
6. “Closed Doors” – Chris Grech (Chris Grech / Edward Mifsud / Peter Borg / David C Torreggiani)
7. “12, Baker Street” – Karen DeBattista (Jan Van Dijck / Emil Calleja Bayliss)
8. “Something in the Way” – Daniel Testa (Charlie Mason / Mans Ek)
9. “Breakaway” – Glen Vella (Kevin Borg / Simon Gribbe)
10. “Stop Haunting Me” – Raquel (Elton Zarb / Matt Mercieca)
11. “Take Me As I Am” – Domenique (Biglert / Schneider / Jangklev / O’Connor)
12. “The One That You Love” – Lawrence Gray (Elton Zarb / Lawrence Gray)
13. “It’s OK” – Deborah C (Elton Zarb / Matt Mercieca)
14. “Close Your Eyes” – Danica Muscat (Elton Zarb / Emil Calleja Bayliss)
15. “Secretly” – Corazon (Corazon)
16. “Beautiful to Me” – L-Aħwa (Erik Anjou)
17. “Warrior” – Amber (Elton Zarb / Matt Mercieca)
18. “Chasing a Dream” – Trilogy (Paul Abela / Joe Julian Farrugia)
19. “Once In a While” – Dominic (Elton Zarb / Rita Pace)
20. “Love & Let Go” – Ekklesia Sisters (Philip Vella)
Just a quick reminder that you may still purchase tickets for the 2014-2015 edition of the Malta Eurovision Song Contest by visiting the ticketing portal, Ooii. The prices are €10 (Gold Circle), €20 (Platinum Circle) for the semi-final, and €20 (Gold Circle), €30 (Platinum Circle) for the final. In the latter round of the competition, 14 acts through from the 20 competing in the semi-final will fight for the right to represent Malta in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, held in Vienna, Austria. Stay tuned to escflashmalta.com even through Facebook and Twitter for all the latest news.
Source: PBS / TVM