L-Għanja tal-Poplu, a local music competition, known to breathe life into the music industry, officially takes on a new dimension as of today, as more details emerge. escflashmalta.com is in an exclusive position to announce that the hosts for this year will be none other than; Ryan Borg of “Sibtek” and Angie Laus of “Ħadd Għalik”. This year’s competition features an extravagant mixture of upcoming and established vocalists, all vying to join that coveted honour roll, which has seen to the emergence of several artists throughout the years.
The most recent winner, Karen DeBattista, whose “Jien Ma Naħdimx” written by Mark Scicluna and Rita Pace has become truly iconic, will be one of the special guests during the show. It is expected that she will be performing prior to the start of the competition, whose running order has now also been drawn by four of the contestants, whilst being interviewed on the programme “Mill-Għanja tal-Poplu” hosted by Tony Micallef on Radju Malta 2.
01. L-Għawdxija – Ta’ Verna Folk Band (Augusto Cardinali)
02. Pjan – Simone Gauci (Ingrid Vella, Augusto Cardinali)
03. Il-Malti – Mario Debono (Mario Debono)
04. ‘Charlie’ l-Artist – Michela Dalli (Rita Attard, Andrew Zahra)
05. Illum Jien Pensjonant – Joe George Micallef (Alfred C. Sant, Joe George Micallef)
06. Dawn l-Għajnejn – Ana Maria Grima (Rita Attard, Siobhan Vassallo)
07. Niftakarna – Abstract Acoustic Duo (Gabriel Cassar)
08. Fejn Marru t-Tfal? – Michela Galea (Rita Pace, Renato Briffa)
09. Darbtejn Insiru Tfal – Jeffrey Scicluna (Rita Pace, Jeffrey Scicluna)
10. Ġismi – Ecca Muscat (Mark Pellicano, Matthew Pellicano)
11. Il-Lupu Li Tarah Hi Biss – Denise Spiteri (Mark Laurence Zammit)
12. Waqt li Qed Nitfi d-Dawl – Mark Cachia (Mark Cachia)
13. Bit-Tlikki Tlikki – Christabelle Curmi (Clifton Casha, Carmel Dalli)
14. Min Taħseb li Int? – Teddie Zammit (Teddie Zammit)
15. Ċans Ieħor – Raquel Galdes (Daniel Paul Farrugia, Norbert Borg)
16. Battibekk – Rita Pace (Emil Calleja Bayliss, Paul Attard, Rita Pace)
The 39th edition of L-Għanja tal-Poplu will be taking place on the 21st March 2015, within the Sir Temi Żammit Hall at the University of Malta. The renowned local music competition not only promotes Maltese as a main language, but delves into the social theme element, hoping to raise awareness about several worldly topics. We urge you to stay tuned to escflashmalta.com even through Facebook and Twitter for all the latest news about L-Għanja tal-Poplu 2015.
Source: L-Għanja tal-Poplu (Committee)