Hungary: MTV Publish Twenty Semi-FinalistsWritten by Elaine Camilleri
Following an open call for submissions last December from the Hungarian Television MTV and MTVA, a professional jury consisting of nine members( including musicians, radio and tv professionals) selected the 22 best songs out of more than 200 submissions , which get the chance to represent Hungary in this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. The channels m1 and Duna World will broadcast live the national semi finals on 28th January and 4th February and most important, the national final, which is scheduled for the 11th February where a total of 8 songs will compete for the Baku ticket.
The Hungarian Television and MTVA received 202 songs by 170 submitters for this year’s national selection. The professional jury picked the best twenty songs which will be performed in one of the two semi-finals and the final qualified eight songs will get a step closer to represent Hungary in Baku this year. The live show series will be aired on the channels m1 and Duna World with the title "A Dal" ("The Song") on Saturdays between 28 January and 11 February, starting at 20:00 CET with a duration of 100 minutes. Besides the hopefuls, viewers get to see other star performances as well.
The live show tv-jury will have four members: Kati Wolf, Hungary's ESC representant of 2011, Jenő Csiszár, radio and tv presenter, Philip Rákay, programme director of m1 and Viktor Rakonczai, composer and former ESC contestant. In the semi-finals, the jury’s points will determine three qualifying songs whilst the last song to qualify will be determined by the televoting. 4 songs will qualify from each semi-final. Televoting will have its most important say in the final, where the winner will be selected with 100% televoting after a ‘semi-final’ in the final night between the 8 finalists. Finally, here are the chosen 22 songs; in an order depicting the arists, songwriters and then song titles.
- Anti Fitness Club - Molnár Tamás: Lesz, Ami Lesz
- Bebe and the Change - Vigh Arnold/Zsedényi Dániel: Fans Will Be Friends
- Caramel - Molnár Ferenc Caramel: Vízió
- Compact Disco - Pál Gábor, Sándor Attila, Walkó Csaba, Behnam Lotfi: Sound Of Our Hearts
- Dancs Annamari - Dancs Annamari: Feel
- Fábián Juli & Zoohacker - Palásti Kovács Zoltán / Fábián Julianna: Like A Child
- Gallusz Niki-Vizy Márton - Vizy Márton/Vigh Kristóf: Európa, Egy A Szívünk
- Gyurcsik Tibor - Szabó Zé/Johnny K. Palmer: Back In Place
- Heinz Gabi - Naughty Monkeys: Learning To Let Go
- Kállay-Saunders András Kállay-Saunders András, Szakos Krisztián, Burai Krisztián/Kállay-Saunders András: I Love You
- Király Linda & Ben & Viktor - Pras Michel, Roy Hamilton, Linda Király: Untried
- Kiss Gina - Jónás Barnabás/Kiss Gina: Chasing Dreams
- Kökény Attila-Bencsik Tamara - Krajczár Péter, Pacsai Márk, Tabár István, Kökény Attila: Állítsd Meg Az Időt
- Monsoon - Vödrös Márton/Johnny K. Palmer: Dance
- Pély Barna-Pál Eszter-Pál István "Szalonna" - Pély Barna, Pál Eszter, Pál István/Fecske András István, Pély Barna: Open Your Heart
- Puskás Péter - Molnár Gábor: Csillagok
- Sophistic - Krajczár Péter/Juhász Orsolya, Rozman Alexandra, Schilling Kolos: Yeah OK!
- Tolvai Renáta - Krajczár Péter, Pacsai Márk, Tabár István: Élek A Szemeidben
- Tóth Gabi - Szabó Zé/Molnár Tamás : Nem Kell Végszó
- Veres Mónika "Nika" - Molnár Imre, Chris Landon/Taryn Murphy: This Love