GħTP – FKM 2016: Running Order for the Semi-FinalWritten by Elaine Camilleri
In 2 weeks, 40th edition of “L-Għanja tal-Poplu - Festival tal-Kanzunetta Maltija” will be taking place at Pjazza Teatru Rjal, featuring a total of 12 participants, those chosen by a professional panel of judges from the semi-final stage which is slated for Thursday 7th July. Those who made it thus far are already winners, noting that they managed to make it to the shortlist from 144 submissions, a record number.
What’s different about the local music competition this year is that the participating songwriters and artists were given the opportunity to perform alongside the Orchestra of the National Broadcaster, led by Mro Joe Brown and Mro Paul Abela.
It is worth noting that every participant was also given equal airtime on local television, with a coordinated promotional schedule to ensure that the messages of the songs are not only heard on the actual festival nights, but also directly from the artists prior to the showcase.
The running order for the semi-final on the 7th July is as follows:
01. Ta’ Billejl (Mark Spiteri Lucas / Paul Ellul) - Neville Refalo
02. Ma Ninsiex (Augusto Cardinali / Joe Julian Farrugia) - Deborah Dalli
03. Ħallejt il-Passi Wrajk (Glen Vella / Paul Ellul) - Jurgen Xerri
04. Is-Sinjur (Mark Scicluna / Emil Calleja Bayliss) - Cherylis
05. Ħanini (Walter Micallef) - Walter Micallef
06. Ħabta u Sabta (Mark Scicluna / Andy Muscat) - Andy Muscat
07. Mellisni (Mark Spiteri Lucas / Joe Chircop) - Mikaela Bajada
08. Tama (Dj Mac, David Legeusse / Shyli / Jasmar / Kapitlu 13) - Shyli, Jasmar ft Kapitlu 13
09. Pupa tal-Plastik (Marco Debono / Paul Ellul) - Domenique
10. Il-Biża u Jien (Pamela Bezzina / Rita Pace) - Nadine Fenech
11. Ngħidlek (Miriam Christine / Joe Julian Farrugia) - Miriam Christine
12. Id-Dieher (Augusto Cardinali) - Neville Refalo u Graziana Axisa
13. Bħal Tifla Żgħira (Marco Debono / Rita Pace) - Maria Cassar
14. Taptipa fuq l-Ispallejn (Pamela Bezzina / Emil Calleja Bayliss) - Michela Dalli
15. X’Se Jsir (Corazon Mizzi) - Corazon
16. Jien Biss (Dominic Cini / Joe Julian Farrugia) - Dorcas Debono
17. Xagħar Twil (Mark Laurence Zammit / Ingrid Vella) - Denise Spiteri
18. Waħdi Miegħek (Kaya / Ingrid Vella) - Graziella Vella
L-Għanja tal-Poplu – Festival tal-Kanzunetta Maltija will be held on two evenings, both of which will be transmit LIVE on Television Malta (TVM). The last winner of L-Għanja tal-Poplu was “Ġismi”, written by Mark & Matthew Pellicano, with vocals provided by Ecca whilst the last winner of the Festival tal-Kanzunetta Maltija was “Hawn Mill-Ġdid”, written by Paul Abela & Joe Julian Farrugia with vocals provided by Olivia Lewis. We urge you to stay tuned to escflashmalta.com even through Facebook and Twitter for all the latest news.