The Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza has always been a festival of great prestige and the lead up to it has been somewhat reworked to make sure that all of the respective finalists in both respective categories receive the best promotion possible. This time round, Media.Link Communications along with the Committee behind the competition has recorded preview videos for all of the songs creating a very professional setting, one which is surely being appreciated by those involved within the tracks and the people who follow the competition unravel. As announced during the first programme on Indifest, escflashmalta.com will be on hand to fully support the competition hence why, we are bringing you features about the twenty finalists in the Established Category and now also weekly tele-voting updates.
The very first update from the tele-voting seems to be quite interesting because there is a general feeling following the first week that things might be slow and indeed it seems that this is not the case with the competing entries already receiving quite an ample amount of votes. Following just a day of voting, there was already a little bit of an indication but nevertheless, this one is going to be more realistic noting that it has almost been a week since the tele-voting numbers were made available to the people. Starting the Established Category, the one in which the public award will be a separate trophy during the evening, these are the current standings;
When it comes to the Teenage Category, it is a completely different ballgame especially due to the fact that the tele-voting accounts for 40% of the final result obtained when the top three are chosen noting that the other 60% will be in the hands of a panel of professional judges. This is to make sure that the three most suitable candidates make it through to the final stages of the Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza which will be taking place on the Granaries in Floriana. Below you can see the current standings.
01. L-Ewwel Imħabba - Darlene Sammut (Kaya / Rita Pace)
02. Aħna ż-Żagħżagħ - Maria Debono (Kaya / Joe Chircop)
03. Noli - Natalya Galdes (Rita Pace)
04. X'Qaltli L-Arzella - Antonella Rapa (Mark Spiteri Lucas / Joe Chircop)
05. Ħbieb ta' Veru - Maria u Justine (Kaya / Christopher Azzopardi)
06. Bil-Bnadar F'Idejna - Sarah Bonnici (Miriam Christine / Joe Chircop)
07. Il-Libertà - Antoine u Kayleigh (Ray Agius / Michael Vella Haber / Evelyn Saliba La Rosa)
08. Ftakar Fl-Imħabba - Jade Amber Muscat (Kaya / Christopher Azzopardi)
09. Niftakar Fik - Derrick Schembri (Dominic Cini / Stephen Baldacchino)
10. X'Sar Minnhom - Mikaela Bajada (Miriam Christine / Joe Chircop)
Source: KKI Committee, GO