July 16, 2019

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Friday, 13 September 2013 13:25

KKI 2013: Teenage Finalists Revealed on NET TV

Throughout the years, Media.Link Communications has always sought to promote vocal talent of the future within the local music industry and therefore kept strengthening the Teenage Category within the Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza. Last night, Christine Haber and Mark Azzopardi hosted their last edition of the series Indifest organised by NET Television throughout the summer in anticipation of the local music event. Eight (8) entries were performed live in front of a four member panel of judges which included; Amber, Lyndsay, Olivia Lewis and Annalise Ellul. Their vote counted for 60% of the final result with the other 40% belonging to the public who had made their preferences public for the past ten weeks.

Brooke; Best Solo Artist at the Malta Music Awards in 2013, Glen Vella; a former Eurovision Song Contest representative on behalf of Malta and Sarah Bonnici; winner of the Teenage Category at last years' edition of the Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza were on hand as special guests of the programme alongside the resident dancing of Annalise Dance Studios. Whilst Mark Azzopardi and Christine Haber revealed the names of the three (3) finalists, they noted that all of the eight (8) participants will be performing on the Granaries Stage as part of an opening number where they will cover the song Try originally by P!nk.

Demgħa - Christian u Jasmine (Minik / Stephen Baldacchino)

Il-Ħolma - Jean Claude Azzopardi (Minik / Stephen Baldacchino)

Kliem Maġija - Kimberly u Lyann (Minik / Lyann)

It is quite intriguing to point out that the three (3) finalists all happen to the songs of the same composer, Minik who has an oustanding seven (7) songs competing in the Established Category and ten (10) in total when combining these. It is the first time that a songwriter has managed that many entries in just one year of the Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza. The editorial team of escflashmalta.com would like to invite you to stay tuned within the next couple of days as the final interviews with artists competing in this years' edition will be published. In the meantime, if you haven't checked it out, we had the opportunity to speak to Danica Muscat earlier!

Source: Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza (Official Facebook)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIN4S2B5C6I

Thursday, 12 September 2013 16:30

KKI 2013: Final Line-Up Revealed This Evening

Media.Link Communications in collaboration with escflashmalta.com is proud to present the ninth week of the programme Indifest hosted by Mark Azzopardi and Christine Haber through NET Television on Thursday evening as from 20:30 CET onwards. In support of this years' edition of the Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza, the weekly programme seeks to promote the artists competing in one of three competitions which promote the local language. Whether newcomers or somewhat established, their place is still amongst the general elite. The public has the opportunity to select which three entries they would like to qualify from the 'teenage category' portion of the competition as well selecting their top favourite within the 'established category' which is offered as a separate award in order to make sure that talent is well appreciated.

All of the eight (8) entries competing in this years' teenage category will be competing for the votes of the judges this evening as a set of professional experts will be on hand within the studio to assess the performances by the respective participants. It is important to denote that all of the artists have already performed within Indifest this season in order to present their entries to the public who have also been voting. 40% of the final result which is set to be revealed this evening will have been decided by them with the other 60% decided by the expert panel. Therefore, people should continue to vote for their most favourite entries throughout the course of the programme in order to aid their preferred entry. Ultimately, three will garner the opportunity to perform 'live' during the Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza which is taking place on the 19th September on The Granaries in Floriana.

Talent Żagħżugħ (Teenage Talent)

Demgħa - Christian u Jasmine (Minik / Stephen Baldacchino)

Dil-Fjura Għalik - Naomi Roberts (Kaya / Emil Calleja Bayliss)

Ġens Qalbien - Ryan u Mark (Ryan Axisa)

Għix - Michelle Portelli (Minik / Rita Pace)

Il-Ħolma - Jean Claude Azzopardi (Minik / Stephen Baldacchino)

Kliem Maġija - Kimberly u Lyann (Minik / Lyann)

Min - Clarissa Cauchi (Minik / Rita Pace)

Mużika - Jasmar Cassar (Minik / Rita Pace)

In the meantime, apart from the artists competing in this years' Teenage Category, there are a number of special guests who will be appearing on this evenings' programme of Indifest, including none other than former Eurovision Song Contest, Glen Vella who almost took Malta to the final with his entry One Life composed by Paul Giordimaina to the lyrics of Fleur Balzan. He will also be joined by Brooke Borg, winner of the Best Solo Artist at the Malta Music Awards earlier this year and Sarah Bonnici who was the winner of the Teenage Category last year. She had performed the track Bil-Bnadar F'Idejna composed by Miriam Christine to the lyrics of Joe Chircop. A resident dance performance by Annalise Dance Studio is also expected throughout the course of the programme. Stay tuned to escflashmalta.com for all of the latest news.

Source: Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqtsxN0gJc4