August 18, 2019

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Monday, 06 February 2012 23:02

ESCflashmalta: Successful Statistical Data for Malta Eurovision 2012

By
Rate this item
(0 votes)

The 2012 edition of the Malta Eurovision Song Contest has just come to an end but the journey for Kurt Calleja and his song 'This Is The Night' is just beginning. It has been a week full of different emotions for the entire editorial team at escflashmalta.com who were along other local and foreign media not granted access to attend the rehearsals. This meant that the coverage was somewhat limited but nevertheless, the support and the feedback has been extremely positive and we would like to give everyone a round of applause whilst showing our words into facts as we analyze the past couple of weeks since the initial announcement of the semi-finalists that took place on Xarabank of the 25th November 2011 till late last night meaning, the 5th February 2012.

When comparing the period, we took into account the same time-span of the previous year meaning, from the day of the announcement of the finalists till the day after the final round of the selection. We are proud to announce that the number of visitors to the site has been around 56,000 which is the same margin of the viewership of tvm.com.mt according to the Public Broadcasting Services' webmaster; Daniel D'Anastasi as acknowledge on Dopo Festival shown on Television Malta (TVM). During the same period it has to be noted that there was a 90% increase in traffic towards www.escflashmalta.com . Most of the people made use of Google Chrome to access the website.  Extensive use of mobile platforms such as Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad and HTC was also registered.

Although with no access to activities related to the Malta Eurovision events, escflashmalta.com has registered no decrease in the average time spent on the site per user.

The unique amount of visits, that is the visits from people who never visited the site before since the inception date, has risen by 70% whilst the amount of new visits to the website has registered an increase of 5% over the last event total of 37% to total the new visits to www.escflashmalta.com to 42%.  60% of the people returned to  www.escflashmalta.com on frequent basis to get the latest news thus showing how much support the website has managed to continue garnering over the past couple of months with readers from Malta and other countries around the world including the United Kingdom, Sweden, Spain, Ireland, Germany, Belgium, United States, France and Norway amongst others.

escflashmalta.com has registered massive success on the finals with an increase of 10% of unique visitors despite the slight dip in overall visits resulting from the fact that the build up could not have been better covered in our articles as the organisers did not allow the members of the press outside their organisation to access resources at the Malta Fairs and Conventions Centre. The Public Broadcasting Services did their best to hinder all types of media from garnering access to the event in order to obtain exclusivity to everything through monopoly but despite this, the editorial team remained strong and worked on a number of stories which also saw a 7% rise in www.escflashmalta.com page views in the yearly period.

Therefore, we would like to thank you for making www.escflashmalta.com your first choice of news for the Malta Eurovision Song Contest. www.escflashmalta.com is committed to cover the 2012 edition of the Eurovision Song Contest in great detail as we go through the results in all of the respective nations through live reports from a number of different nations including Iceland, Croatia, Portugal, Slovenia, Norway and Spain amongst others. Stay tuned for exclusives as Kurt Calleja starts his promotional trip around Europe with the hope that his song 'This Is The Night' makes it to the final stages of the competition. He will have the whole support and luck of our editorial team.

Source: escflashmalta

Last modified on Tuesday, 07 February 2012 01:47